Saturday 14 May 2016

Violens and Bikes

Dear Diary,                                                          April, 20th, 2015,






Last night we went to this really amazing violin concert! It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to! It took place in this really old, dark, mysterious ball room. Cracked mirrors lined the walls, and images of demons and angels were carved on the walls as well. On every table there were candles, and roses. A dimly lit chandelier made everyone appear dark and blurry. I couldn't help thinking about the phantom of the opera. I just had the urge to sing songs from it, and I did....since it was so loud no one could hear me!


The music was amazing though! If you closed your eyes you could feel the music come at you like waves and wrap itself around you. It was signal violin player, but he made it sound like there were many. As he went on, I lost track of time, of myself. I was lost in the music. Even after he was finished, I was still captured by what he had created. I am very glad I went!


Today we went on a bike tour of Berlin. It was called, "Berlin on Bike". The tour was pretty cool! We went to lots of places! The Berlin Wall (again), Museum island, a really old church, the victory arch, the parliament, and a holocaust memorial. That's when....wait for it!


We got in trouble by foreign authorities!


Yep. We stopped for lunch at this art display that looked like this...










It didn't look like what it really was. All Sierra and I saw, being wild children and all, was a living video game! So we were running and jumping between theses things, when all of a sudden some uniformed guy started yelling at us in German. Sierra and I just ran out of there, and didn't realize till later we had been fooling around on a holocaust memorial. (oops)



A memorial to remember how the Jews were dragged out of their homes and there places left empty and over turned


The new rebuilt Jewish synagogue in Berlin. Fun Fact: (Hitler didn't destroy the original! The Americans took it out with their bombers.)


The square where the Nazi burned forbidden books

The victory arch

The parliament

Peering through the Berlin Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment